Best Pet Sitters in Austin
Austin pet sitters do much more than provide your pet with food and water while you’re away from home. A good pet sitter also spends quality time with your pet, gives him exercise, and knows how to tell if your pet needs veterinary attention. What’s more, pet sitters typically offer additional services, such as bringing in mail and newspapers, watering plants, turning lights on and off, and providing homes with a lived-in look to deter crime. But just because someone calls herself a pet sitter doesn’t mean she’s qualified to do the job. This information will help you find the best pet sitter for you and your pet.
When work or travel could keep you away from your pets, you have likely thought of several pet-care solutions; from asking for help from a family member or maybe a friend to getting the help of a pro pet sitter. For pet owners who would like the best care for their pets and who would like the reassurance that comes from working with a knowledgeable, trustworthy pet-care provider, professional pet sitters are an excellent alternative!
Darcy’s Dog Dayz
As a professional Pet Sitter, owner-operator Darcy Ludlow’s top concern is the safety of your pets and home. She also believes that a healthy pet is a happy pet, so she does all she can to keep each pet active, and reward them with the highest quality treats. Since every pet & pet parent is different, Darcy creates daily schedules that fit you and your family. You may have a dog that wants a long walk, a short potty break, loads of kisses, or no kisses. Darcy’s Dog Dayz aims to please! – darcysdogdayz.com
The Pet Gal North Austin
7685 Northcross Dr.
Austin, TX 78757
The Pet Gal North Austin pet sitters and dog walkers are the top-rated, most trusted and caring professional pet care provider in North Austin. We offer a complete line of pet services including Pet Sitting, Dog Walking, Ranch Sitting, Wedding Pet attendants, and Pet Taxi. Every Pet Gal is an animal lover first so you know all our visits come with loads of love and personalized attention. We strive to be the best pet service provider in North Austin we can so when you choose The Pet Gal, you really can go guilt-free. – thepetgal.com
Austin Pet Love
1201 Carlotta Ln.
Austin, TX 78733
Whether you’re out of town or just late at the office, ‘Austin Pet Love’ helps you provide the love your pet expects and deserves. See our list of home pet care services we provide! The minimum time spent with your pet during pet sitting will be 20-30 minutes per visit and we can schedule as many as four visits a day. Your pets will be fed and watered. Dogs will be walked and cats will be played with and all pets will be given a lot of love and attention. – austinpetlove.com
This Lil Dog of Mine
1822 w. Braker Lane #80208
Austin, TX 78758
775 964 8497
This Lil Dog of Mine Pet Services is made up of a group of energetic, fun, and professional pet sitters in Austin, TX. We are 100% insured and bonded. We were even featured on local Austin news station KEYE’s Alli on the Job segment. TLDOM takes pride in being an honest and trustworthy business. Our aim is to provide the best customer (and pet) experience possible. We have a passion for animals and bring a variety of skills. Our team is Pet CPR and First Aid certified, experienced in animal handling, and provide great home security. We look forward to meeting you and your pet soon! – thislildogofmine.com
Spot On Pet Sitting
Austin, TX 78759
Spot On Pet Sitting thinks outside the box when it comes to caring for your pet family. We are professional and affordable pet sitters, dog walkers and house sitters serving the Austin Metro area. We offer loving, professional care to your pet family and treat them as if they were our own…We promise you that! It is our goal to provide the highest quality care for your pet family so you can have peace of mind while you are away. Whether you’re away for the day, in need of assistance while you’re home, away for a long weekend or on an extended vacation, Spot On Pet Sitting is here for you. – spotonpetsitting.com
CapCity Pet Sitting
7106 Twisted Oaks Drive
Austin, TX 78745
For over 7 years, we have been serving the pets and families of our local area. We love caring and connecting with animals and creating everlasting relationships. We provide care for your fur baby as if they were our own and ensure that they receive the highest quality care while you’re away. When you live a busy life, it is hard to consistently provide the attention and care that your pets can demand. With years of satisfied owners and loved pets, you can rely on us to care for your pets when you’re away. – capcitypets.com
JenniFurrr’s Austin Pet Sitting and Dog Walker
Austin, TX 78745
We are professionals in pet care. A locally, Texas-woman owned business, we’ve given our South Austin clients premier service since 2008. We are insured, bonded, and trained in pet first aid. We have taken nearly every dog behavior course out there, and have been certified as Accredited Pet Sitters through PSI (Pet Sitters International). – jennifurrr.com
Cat Sitters of Austin, LLC
1920 E. Riverside Drive, STE A120
Austin, TX 78741
Austin Cat Sitters is the city’s premier cat focused pet sitting service. We specialize in in-home care, allowing your cat to be comfortable within their own environment. At this time we do not board cats. Our services include many options to customize visits based on your cats needs, including medical services. All visit packages include daily email with a photo, complimentary mail pick-up, plant watering, and light home security, adding peace of mind while you are away. We are proud to extend our services to Austin’s Deaf community, as we are fluent in ASL. – austincatsitters.com
Ace Pet Care
9901 Brodie Lane, Ste. 160
Whether you are gone for a day, a week or longer you can rely on our Austin pet sitting and Austin dog walking services. What are your needs? Will you be gone during the day, overnight or for longer? Trust us to take care of your furkid. We are the only mom & pop pet sitting service in Southwest Austin Texas. We never hire employees, so you always know who is in your home taking care of your furkid, and your pet always has the same pet sitter they have come to know and love. – acepetcare.net
Petite Paws Austin
Naturally territorial, cats are most comfortable and at peace in familiar, secure surroundings. Our personalized in-home cat sitting services provide affectionate, interactive, one-on-one attention and loving care from experienced feline pet care professionals. You can rest easy while you’re away knowing your cats are in the best hands with Petite Paws Austin. We’re located in Zilker – zip code 78704 – and service areas within around a 7 to 8-mile radius – Downtown, Zilker, Bouldin, Barton Hills, Travis Heights, South Lamar, South Congress, Westlake, Rollingwood, Treemont, etc. – petitepawsaustin.com
A La Carte Sitting
Once you have a trusted Professional Pet Sitter to care for your pets, you can spontaneously go out of town in an emergency or just for fun! Your pets will be lovingly and professionally cared for by well-trained, pet-loving professionals and you’ll no longer need to impose on family, friends or neighbors. You can travel guilt-free knowing that your pets are safe and happy at home with their own toys, smells, food, and routine and that they’ll be contentedly snoozing and ecstatic to see you the minute you get home — no more rushed, stressful trips to take them or pick them up from the veterinarian or kennel after your trip when you’re tired or trying to get back to work. You also won’t be missing your pets and paying for additional days when you arrive home and the kennel is closed! – alacartepetsitting.com
The Sporty Dog, Inc.
The Sporty Dog would love to be featured for any Dog Walking or Pet Sitting lists! We are bonded and insured and trusted since 2008. At The Sporty Dog® we are on a Mission to Revolutionize Professional Austin Pet Care by providing Exceptional In-Home Pet Care to our clients. All of our team members believe that pets are family members that deserve Individualized Attention and Care in a stress-free + familiar environment. – thesportydog.com
Why hire a pet sitter?
When you must be away from home—say for travel or an emergency—and don’t want to leave your pet in a boarding kennel, who takes care of your pet? If you’re like many pet owners, you ask a friend or neighbor to stop in and pour some kibble and water in your pet’s bowls. But is this what’s best for your pet? There’s a good chance that your friends and neighbors lack proper pet-care experience and have even forgotten to show up. They may also resent frequent requests to look after your pet while you’re gone. So what is the solution? Consider hiring a “pet sitter”—a professional, qualified individual paid to care for your pet.
A pet sitter offers both you and your pet many benefits.
Your pet gets:
- the environment he knows best.
- his same diet and routine.
- relief from traveling to and staying in an unfamiliar place with other animals (such as a boarding kennel).
- attention while you’re away.
- happier friends and neighbors, who aren’t burdened with caring for your pet.
- the peace of mind that comes from knowing that your pet is being cared for by a professional.
- someone to bring in your newspaper and mail so potential burglars don’t know you’re away.
- someone who will come to your home so you don’t have to drive your pet to a boarding kennel.
- other services provided by most pet sitters, such as plant watering and pet grooming.
Where do I find a pet sitter?
Start with a recommendation from a friend, neighbor, veterinarian, humane society, or dog trainer. Check the Yellow Pages under “Pet Sitting Services.” You can also contact the National Association of Professional Pet Sitters (800-296-PETS) or Pet Sitters International (336-983-9222) for a referral. Both organizations offer pet-sitter accreditation to those who demonstrate professional experience, complete pet-care-related home study courses, attend professional conferences, and abide by a code of ethics set by the organizations.
What should I look for?
It’s important to learn all you can about prospective pet sitters’ qualifications and services. Before selecting a pet sitter, interview the candidates over the phone or at your home. Find out the following:
- Can the pet sitter provide written proof that she has commercial liability insurance (to cover accidents and negligence) and is bonded (to protect against theft by a pet sitter or her employees)?
- What training has the pet sitter received?
- Will the pet sitter record notes about your pet, such as his likes, dislikes, fears, habits, medical conditions, medications, and routines?
- Is the pet sitter associated with a veterinarian who can provide emergency services?
- What will happen if the pet sitter experiences car trouble or becomes ill? Does she have a backup?
- Will the pet sitter provide related services such as in-home grooming, dog walking, dog training, and playtime?
- Will the pet sitter provide a written service contract spelling out services and fees?
- If the pet sitter provides live-in services, what are the specific times she agrees to be with your pet? Is this detailed in the contract?
- How does your pet sitter make sure that you have returned home?
- Will the pet sitter provide you with the phone numbers of other clients who have agreed to serve as references?
- Even if you like what you hear from the pet sitter and from her references, it’s important to have the prospective pet sitter come to your home to meet your pet before actually hiring her for a pet-sitting job. Watch how she interacts with your pet—does your pet seem comfortable with the person? If this visit goes well, start by hiring the pet sitter to care for your pet during a short trip, such as a weekend excursion. That way, you can work out any problems before leaving your beloved pet in the pet sitter’s care for longer periods.
How can I help the pet sitter and my pet?
Of course, even the most trustworthy, experienced pet sitter will have trouble if you haven’t also kept your end of the bargain. Here are your responsibilities:
- Make reservations with your pet sitter early, especially during holidays.
- Ensure your pet is well socialized and allows strangers to handle him.
- Affix current identification tags to your pet’s collar.
- Maintain current vaccinations for your pet.
- Leave clear instructions detailing specific pet-care responsibilities and emergency contact information, including how to reach you and your veterinarian.
- Leave pet food and supplies in one place.
- Buy extra pet supplies in case you’re away longer than planned.
- Leave a key with a trustworthy neighbor as a backup, and give him and your pet sitter each other’s phone numbers. Be sure those extra keys work before giving them out.
- Show the pet sitter your home’s important safety features such as the circuit breaker and security system.
Finally, have a safe and fun trip. And remember to bring your pet sitter’s phone number in case your plans change—or you just want to find out how Fluffy and Fido are doing.
- Best Pet Sitters in Austin
- Darcy’s Dog Dayz
- The Pet Gal North Austin
- Austin Pet Love
- This Lil Dog of Mine
- Spot On Pet Sitting
- CapCity Pet Sitting
- JenniFurrr’s Austin Pet Sitting and Dog Walker
- Cat Sitters of Austin, LLC
- Ace Pet Care
- Petite Paws Austin
- A La Carte Sitting
- The Sporty Dog, Inc.
- Why hire a pet sitter?
- Your pet gets:
- You get:
- Where do I find a pet sitter?
- What should I look for?
- How can I help the pet sitter and my pet?
- Share this post: