Austin travel pros save time, money and avoid inconvenience. Whatever your Austin travel budget, find money saving, big bargain and big spender tips here.
One of my favorite travel tips is Kayak.com for travel arrangements.
It’s free. They do the work for you, searching hundreds of travel sites for the lowest fares and last minute deals. For rates on airfare, car rental and hotel accommodations, Kayak gives you options. You pick the best available deals.
If you’re traveling Austin on a limited budget, Kayak is highly recommended. Of course, compare quotes to other sites to insure the lowest rate.
Austin Travel Blog Posts
Austin Bergstrom International Airport (ABIA) is consistently rated one of the best airports in the world for its size. It easily scores high in customer satisfaction, friendly airport parking attendants, best concessions and LIVE MUSIC!
Clean and convenient, the Austin airport is a revelation. Not an overstatement, but fact. ABIA has ultra modern convenience and small town atmosphere. It may be the most memorable and pleasant part of your air travel.
Hotels and motels near the airport (click on link for complete info):
- Best Western
- Comfort Suites
- Courtyard by Marriott
- Hampton Inn & Suites
- Hawthorn Suites
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites
- La Quinta Inn & Suites
For everything you need to know about the Austin airport click here, Austin Bergstrom International Airport. You’ll find the following information…
- Airlines & Austin Airfare – Download a list of defensive planning strategies that reduce cancellations and delays. It works. I use it.
- Security Checkpoint Wait Times – Schedule your flight around most crowded times.
- Austin Airport Parking – Why I recommend covered parking at twice the cost of an open lot. Off-site parking facility options.
- Ground Transportation – Super Shuttle, cab rates, limousine services and Austin car rental companies.
- Business & Personal Services – ATMs, United Heritage Credit Union, foreign currency exchange, Power Port computer stations and family viewing area.
- Food, Music & Fun – Condenast.com rated Austin airport one of the best in US for airport dining. Barbeque, Tex Mex, coffee shops and sports bars. A live music stage with daily performances.
- Art Display – Several serious art galleries and displays can be enjoyed throughout the entire airport.
- Gift Shops, News Stands & Concessions – Food, news, artifacts, golf, CDs, gifts and more.
- Traffic – Worst times, how to avoid it. Be prepared if you’re caught in it. Get free map download here.
Austin Airport Super Shuttle
ABIA benefits from Super Shuttle service. It’s an easy, convenient, low cost way to get to and from the airport from your home, office or hotel.
Super Shuttle is recognized in Austin for being on time and delivering professional service. They serve 28 airports in 23 cities and will reserve your door to door service from departure to arrival.
Great service and low cost make this a Top 10 Austin Tourism Pick.
General aviation is air traffic that is not military or a scheduled airline flight. Air charters, police aircraft, private planes, crop dusters, flight training, news and municipal aircraft are examples of general aviation.
If you have a Cessna, Beechcraft or a similar airplane, you can rejoice to the 389 general aviation airports in Texas. From little more than a cow pasture and barn to full service, full support, multiple runway, municipal airport. Every kind of airfield imaginable exists in Texas.
Fortunately the general aviation Austin, Texas airports are not of the cow-pasture variety. Besides ABIA, the Austin area also boasts these fine general aviation airports…
- Killeen Airport
- Gatesville Municipal Airport
- Lampasas Municipal Airport
- Georgetown Airport
- San Marcos Municipal Airport
- Gillespie County Airport
- Burnett Municipal Airport
- Llano Municipal Airport
- Lakeway Airpark
An FBO (Fixed Base of Operations) is a service available at most airports that offers a minimum of fuel and parking for general aviation aircraft.
Many full service FBOs offer hangar storage, aircraft maintenance, ground services and more. Two FBOs are offered at ABIA. Atlantic Aviation and Signature Austin Flight Support.
- Austin Travel Blog Posts
- Best Motorcycle Travel Routes in Austin & Central Texas
- History of Deep Eddy Pool
- Summer Fun in Austin Lakes and Beyond
- Why Move To Austin? We Give The Top 6 Reasons!
- 5 Often Overlooked Tourist Attractions in Austin
- Great Reasons To Visit Unique, Lively, Vibrant, Historic Austin
- Austin Airport
- Austin Airport Super Shuttle
- General Aviation
- Share this post: